Charlesbridge publishes high-quality books for children and adults, with a goal of creating and supporting lifelong readers and lifelong learners. Our children’s books encourage reading and discovery in the classroom, library, and home, and embrace a child’s innate sense of wonder and fun. Charlesbridge believes that books should offer accurate information, be both compelling and educational, and promote a positive worldview. To this end, we continually strive to seek new voices, new visions, and new directions in both children's and adult literature.
Sales and Marketing Associate
Independent publisher seeks sales and marketing associate to join their sales and marketing team. Successful candidates will possess a love of books for readers of all ages and a desire to promote our unique and celebrated trade list across markets, platforms, and sales channels. This is a full-time, benefitted position. Charlesbridge currently operates under a hybrid in-office/virtual work schedule, requiring some time in our Watertown, MA offices.
Working as part of our sales and marketing team and reporting to the vice president, senior director of sales and marketing, the sales and marketing associate will support sales and marketing efforts across markets, create promotional content, and actively participate in front and backlist title campaigns. The ideal candidate has previous trade marketing or bookselling experience, is organized and detail-oriented, and is interested in working as part of a collaborative team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Create sales and marketing materials, including newsletter content, title pitches, and promotional assets
- Aid with planning and execution of digital and in-person programming, book buzzes, webinars, and panel discussions
- Grow and manage our list of key contacts, reviewers, and industry professionals
- Manage relationships with customers, vendors, and contributors
- Work with sales and marketing team to develop sales materials and presentations
- Aid with planning and execution of regional trade shows and national industry events
- Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of publishing, marketing, or bookselling experience
- Critical thinking and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- A strong sense of prioritization and attention to detail
- Well-honed written and oral communication skills
- A strong desire to work in collaborative, team-oriented environment
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Please send application materials in one PDF doc with subject line “Sales and Marketing Associate”. No phone calls or snail mail, please.
For more information visit www.charlesbridge.com.